Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 21

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while but lots have been going on.

Tuesday was the last regular volleyball games and the team just forgot how to play that night....It was pretty ugly.
Saturday will be Sub State tournaments and I was told if we win 2 we will go to State. Well my daughter ( who is a senior) told I did not have to go Saturday,since the coach is letting her play very little in the games.
This really hurts me, to watch someone who has played the game for the last 7 years in school. In the last games she has been put in for 1 or 2 plays then sits on the bench for rest of game. Both of us are ready for volleyball season to be over.
I just keep telling Val that the season is about over and how she has her whole future ahead of her.
While 'Memories " are wonderful to look back on, they are the past and you can't go back to then nor can you change them....You just have to keep looking forward to the future and grow.....

Ok on to happier topics....lol Val and I have been working on her Senior Pictures. And a photography site I joined has a challenge to take a picture using the rule of thirds. Well I looked back at the pics we took both her and I.Most of mine do not use this rule while most of her's do. I asked her about it and she didn't know there was that rule but it just made her pics look better...Which I agree it does and the rule makes sense, I just hadn't thought about it. The rule is you graph a pic in third both ways.Where the lines intersect you place your focal point. But in some pics I still believe it should be balanced (esp.portraits).
Here is Val's fave using the "rule"
Photobucket
And here is mine :
Photobucket

Another photography site I was looking at challenged their users to take a pic standing over the subject....I had never done this till I did Val's pics....Here is my favorite for that one...
Photobucket>

3 comments:

senora_x said...

those are great pics!

KellyCali said...

Gorgeous pics!! Those are absolutely terrific & professional! XO

Gina Thornton said...

Sue these pictures are amazing!!!!! Val is beautiful!! You need to come to PA to show me how to take picts like that!!!

By the way, I have given you a blog award! Swing by my blog to pick it up! Miss chatting with you!!!
http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/